J-Squared Architects, LLC



This farmhouse, located in Ellicott City, MD, was originally constructed in 1757 as the tenants quarters to an adjacent dairy farm. When purchased in 1998, the house consisted of a 1,350 SF 2-story structure. 

In 2000, a detached studio was built to the west of the farmhouse to provide for much needed storage and office space. In 2005, a large addition, including a 3-car garage, full basement, and  interior spaces, doubling the size of the original structure, was constructed.

Beams from the adjacent dairy farm barn were purchased and used in the 2-story foyer of the addition.

J-Squared Architects was an owner and responsible for the design, construction documents, permitting, and construction management for  each phase of the historical project.